Happy Tuesday everyone! Today, I’m coming atcha on this snowy afternoon with the weekly dinner plan (I know it’s Tuesday…just “simmmma down now!” Come on, anyone remember Nadeen from SNL?? If not, you best look it up so you understand)
Anyway, I haven’t been totally on point with my dinner menus, so it’s my goal to get back on track! I just have a quick thought to share with you first because I think it’s important to tap into how our bodies our feeling regularly…about 2 weeks ago, my sleep starting feeling really “off.” Now, I’ve been down that path before…I struggled for a few years with some pretty major sleep issues, but recently that hasn’t been a problem at all, so I was feeling frustrated to say the least. I was waking up with headaches, my eyes felt heavy, just not my usual self. I thought maybe I’m just getting a little cold…well, after mini experiments here and there, it dawned me I was having more gluten than usual. I used to steer of gluten more so, but started incorporating it back in. Lo and behold…mid-week last week and into this week, I cut out gluten once again, and big shocker, I feel way better. Now, I’m no doctor, but I know ME. I know when something feels “off” or when I have less energy than normal, and I’m not afraid dig deep and figure out why. I’m also not saying that is the ONLY factor here, but I do know I’m feeling more myself…why do I share this little side story? Because I’m a firm believer in stepping back, listening to your body, evaluating your energy levels, and figuring out what helps your body function optimally.
Okay, and with that, here is the weekly dinner menu (and you’ll notice it’s g-free this week):
- Monday: Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs & Potatoes in the slow cooker – guys, this is about the easiest thing ever. A combo of honey, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, parsley, salt, & pepper creates a flavorful “set it and forget it” meal. I am a big fan of chicken thighs (which shocks the socks off my husband), but I just find them to be much more flavorful and moist than chicken breasts.
- Tuesday: Once again, slow cooker to the rescue…easy beef stew (a pretty traditional stew, but with gluten-free flour, sweet potatoes rather than regular potatoes, and I added in some bacon because I love my husband a whole lot and that’s his jam) I opted for a beef stew when I saw Whole Foods stew beef was on sale 😉
- Wednesday: Feta, tomato, & spinach frittata (I will make this ahead of time since I work late Wednesdays)
- Thursday: My fun meal for the week: Chicken Carbonara from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
- Friday: TBD You know the drill…I play Friday by ear
Okay, I’ll see you back here later in the week! Stay safe out there if you’re also working with snowy conditions!
Question of the day: What’s on your weekly dinner menu?