Morning friends! I hope you’re easing into this new work week well after the extended weekend. Today, I’m sharing a fresh, colorful pasta salad recipe with you all. This is my aunt’s recipe and it’s a dish she’s been making for years and years…I’ve simply modified a few things from the original recipe to cater to my taste buds and dietary preferences.
I make this salad with lentil pasta as opposed to regular pasta so that it’s a bit more filling, making it a perfect meatless Monday option.
- 8 oz lentil pasta (I used the Ancient Harvest Pow! brand from Whole Foods)
- 1/4 C red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jar sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (my jar was 8.5 oz) chop up tomatoes
- 1/2 bag of spinach (I like mine chopped a bit)
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2/3 C balsamic vinaigrette (or more if you’d like) I use the organic 365 brand from WF
- Fresh grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Feta to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to directions. If using lentil pasta, be sure not to overcook. For the Pow! pasta, I cooked it just under 8 minutes (the box read 8-10), since I wanted the pasta al dente. Drain pasta, return to pot adding in some of the tomato oil to keep it separate (very important step, especially with gluten free pasta of any kind). Let cool. Once the pasta has cooled a bit, add in all ingredients, mixing well.
Notes: You can eliminate the feta all together, or replace with a different cheese. Fresh basil on top is also delicious as well.
Hope you enjoy!