Morning friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Today, I thought I’d share a week’s worth of workouts with you. Most weeks, my workouts include some combination of Pure Barre classes, an at-home workout program (21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme are my go-to’s), a workout I’ve designed myself, and sometimes, a LISS (low-intensity steady-state cardio) workout- a brisk walk, light jog, or the elliptical.
Having said this, I’m human, and I have weeks where I might only get one workout in, or none. It happens. September happened to be a month of limited workouts because I found myself struggling with sleep for several weeks. Rather than forcing myself to exercise, when I was already feeling exhausted, I just focused on eating well, deep breathing, and stretching. Being healthy is more than just working out, so honor your body, and if you feel that it needs more rest or restorative exercise, do that.
I don’t usually plan for a rest day, but they just seem to happen naturally. I can’t remember a week in recent memory where I didn’t have at least one rest day (they’re important- muscles need recovery). Okay, here are last week’s workouts…
- SUNDAY: Rest
- MONDAY: Pure Barre Classic
- TUESDAY: Pure Barre Classic
- WEDNESDAY: 21 Day Fix Cardio workout
- THURSDAY: 30 minute walk
- FRIDAY: Upper body workout (a mix of my favorite upper body exercises, which I will share with you soon) I used 2 pound weights + a resistance band
- SATURDAY: Pure Empower (Pure Barre’s new cardio class)
Okay, and now for the dinner menu this week:
- MONDAY: Salmon Greek salad (using Primal Kitchen’s Greek dressing) I will marinate salmon in lemon, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Salad will have greens, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, and feta.
- TUESDAY: Simple beef stir fry from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
- WEDNESDAY: Sweet potato and black bean enchiladas (using this recipe)
- THURSDAY: Lentil pasta with marinara and homemade turkey meatballs (will pre-make the meatballs Wednesday) Using the Fixate Cookbook meatball recipe
- FRIDAY: TBD
This week’s menu necessities:
Question of the day: What’s one dinner you plan to make this week?