Morning friends! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Though it was a chilly weekend here in Chicago, we had an awesome couple of days. Friday night, we made Simple Mills pizzas and settled in to start season 2 of Stranger Things. Anyone else watching? For our pizzas, we cooked up some crumbled Italian chicken sausage for the main topping, along with chopped green pepper and onion, and mozzarella. So tasty! Just wanted to share in case you’re need of a new pizza topping idea.
Saturday morning started with Birch Benders Pumpkin pancakes. This was my first time trying this particular mix, and given that we don’t have an ideal pancake-making skillet, they turned out awesome! These pancakes are incredibly easy to make (you only have to add water to the mix) and for a low-sugar, Paleo option, I thought they delivered big-time on flavor.
Saturday night we headed out to Ditka’s for a quick date-night dinner, and lucky for us, they happened to be playing the Nebraska football game (I guess more lucky for Matt than me). I ordered scallops which came paired with a lobster risotto. The risotto was really tasty, but I didn’t think the scallops were outrageously delicious. Why Ditka’s you ask? It happens to be one of Matt’s old-time favorites and it’s sort of become a yearly tradition for us. It’s definitely not my go-to in Chicago, but I do love our little tradition.
Sunday, after teaching two Pure Barre classes in the morning, I headed home and whipped up another batch of pancakes. Clearly, I’m obsessed…I plan to order some other flavors from Birch Benders- the protein mix is first on my list, followed by the chocolate chip one.
Sunday evening we had an early dinner with my parents before heading to the Chicago Botanic Garden for the Night of 1,000 Jack o’ Lanterns. I love the Botanic Garden and this is definitely a fun, festive event. They serve hot chocolate and cider (regular or spiked) along with apple cinnamon donuts and plenty of other refreshment options! Here are a few photos from the gardens…
That’s a wrap on our weekend! Here’s the plan for dinners this week:
WEEKLY DINNER MENU
- MONDAY: Taco salad (in a tortilla bowl with grass-fed beef, black beans, greens, and veggies)
- TUESDAY: Greek salmon (I plan to pay attention to measurements and share my version this week) served over a Greek salad
- WEDNESDAY: Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili (using –> this recipe)
- THURSDAY: BLT Pasta Salad (gluten-free pasta with chopped, crispy turkey bacon, tomatoes, spinach, red onion…mixed with Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing (which is Whole 30 and Paleo approved)
- FRIDAY: If I had to guess…Simple Mills Pizza night (3 pack available from Amazon Prime- I ordered these a few weeks back.)
Have an awesome Monday all!