Happy Monday everyone! And…Happy Thanksgiving week! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are gearing up for this week’s holiday festivities. We ended up doing a last minute, mini Thanksgiving meal this weekend, organized by Matt. Matt and his brother made a turkey as well as a few delicious sides, and our friends contributed some awesome dishes as well. I was in charge of pumpkin pie…which I lovingly purchased at Whole Foods. 😉
Even though we’ll only have two dinners at home this week, I still wanted to share my usual dinner menu post because I find consistency, especially during the holidays, really helps me stay on track. Without a doubt, I’ll indulge on Thanksgiving (balance is my motto)…but, since I know pumpkin pie is on the horizon, I want to start the week off with some healthy, colorful meals to keep me feeling energetic. Here’s the Thanksgiving week plan:
- MONDAY: Quinoa, cucumber, + tomato salad (with feta, fresh lemon juice, garlic, and oregano) served with a white fish seasoned with lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- TUESDAY: Chicken Caesar salad, grilled chicken sliced with chopped greens and avocado and topped with Primal Kitchen Caesar dressing. Served with sweet potato slices.
- WED-FRI: Holiday meals!
I also wanted to share a few recipes for side dishes I’ve either used or come across (in case you’re in a pinch and need a last minute idea)…
- Butternut squash with cranberries and feta (I’ve made a version of this before- make it easier on yourself and run to Trader Joe’s to get the pre-cut butternut squash). Really pretty, colorful dish.
- Roasted beet, quinoa, and feta salad
- Wild Rice & Butternut Squash salad
- Apple Cranberry Walnut salad
- Garlic herb sweet potatoes with Parmesan
If you happen to be traveling this week, I wrote a post last year about travel snacks. You can click —> here to read, but here’s an updated list of my favorite travel snacks:
- RX Bars
- Health Warrior Bars
- Purely Elizabeth oatmeal cups or Bob’s Red Mill oatmeal cups
- Fruits (apples, bananas)
- Vital Proteins collagen individual packets and beauty water packets
- Dried fruit
- Simple Mills crackers (you can pack in individual bags; Stasher bags are a great, reusable option)
- Justin’s Peanut or Almond Butter individual packets (drizzle over oatmeal cups or have with banana)
- Almonds, walnuts, or cashews
Alright friends, have an awesome Monday! Keep an eye on my current sales page through the week..I’ll keep it updated as we approach Black Friday. I just added my J.Crew Factory picks back onto the page because everything is 50% off (in stores and online).
Question of the day: What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?