Happy Monday! I hope you had an awesome weekend! I cannot believe Christmas is just a week away…it always feels like a whirlwind right up until Christmas Eve- last minute shopping, returns, holiday parties, baking…the hustle and bustle is in full force.
My goal this week is to focus on being present…and to really enjoy the little moments…listening to Christmas songs on 93.9, snuggling up to a holiday movie and hot chocolate, and soaking in the lights and decorations all around! Saturday, we spent a couple hours walking around Downtown, taking in the classic, Chicago holiday scene- the windows at Macy’s, the tree at Millennium Park, and a quick peek at the tree in the Walnut Room at Macy’s.
There is something so magical about Downtown Chicago at Christmas time- even though there were crowds galore, it was easy to stay in the holiday spirit with fun music from street performers, twinkling lights…and, of course, beautiful weather.
We are hoping to sneak over to the Christkindlmarket one night this week, but other than that, no more major holiday outings.
Alright, now for the weekly dinner menu. Looking to keep things simple this week so we can spend more time watching Christmas movies in the evenings 😉
- MONDAY: Whole wheat pasta + vodka sauce + side salad
- TUESDAY: Holiday dinner out 🙂
- WEDNESDAY: Salmon with roasted tomatoes, basil, + onion, served with brown rice + salad
- THURSDAY: Taco bowls with grass-fed beef, greens, veggies, + re-fried beans
- FRIDAY: Simple Mills pizza with crumbled Italian sausage, green peppers, + onion.
A few last minute gift ideas:
If you’re struggling to come with some last minute gift ideas…here are a few I think would be well-received universally…
- A to-go coffee mug…I think Yetis and Healthy Humans are awesome. (I have and use both). You could pair with the person’s favorite coffee or tea
- A pizza stone and a box of Simple Mills pizza crust + pizza sauce, or get even fancier with an outdoor pizza cooker
- Toiletry bag (for him or for her)
- Amazon Echo Dot (great price point and kind of a fun gift for anyone!)
- Slippers (his or hers)
Last minute for her:
- Make-up brush set (something we gals tend not to splurge on or switch out super often, so makes for a wonderful, practical gift). If you know a woman who loves makeup, you could gift the Artis makeup brush (slightly pricier, but makeup gurus rave about it!)
- Eye shadow palette- I just received this Tarte one and I am obsessed. I have also heard great things about the Naked 2 Palette
- 2018 Day Planner
- Gift card for a massage, pedicure, or manicure
- Cozy throw blanket
Last minute for him:
Have a great day all!
Question of the day: What gift do you still have left to get?