Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I am looking forward to this new, hopefully active and productive week. Last week felt a bit disappointing…I returned from Arizona feeling ready to tackle last week head on…I laid out workout goals, planned out healthy meals, and even attempted to crawl into bed earlier each night to catch some extra z’s. Reality? I worked out once. I felt under the weather nearly the entire week. I had 2 or 3 nights of fitful sleep.
Certainly, not the post-holiday week I had so thoughtfully planned for, but an excellent reminder that we are not always in control. Sure, it’s important to map out goals, to think about when you’ll fit in workouts, and to set meal plans so you’re prepared for the week. But, it’s also important to be flexible, to listen to your body, and to recognize your goals will inevitably change week to week. It is also incredibly important to be kind to yourself when things do not go as planned.
As I start this new week, I intend to approach my goals with an open-mind…knowing what I’ve planned and what will actually be, may be two different things. I hope you do the same…set goals, plan ahead (to an extent), but remember we cannot control everything. Adjust your goals, give your body what it needs day to day, and keep moving forward.
WEEKLY DINNER MENU
- MONDAY: Hilary’s Black Bean Burger Tacos (cutting the Hilary’s burgers in small pieces; serving in a whole grain tortilla with greens, tomatoes, red pepper, and salsa).
- TUESDAY: Shrimp, broccoli, and pepper stir fry served with brown rice (sauce is combo of coconut aminos, honey, and ginger).
- WEDNESDAY: Homemade meatballs served over zucchini noodles
- THURSDAY: Chicken Caesar salad (grilled chicken breast served over greens with Tessemae’s Caesar dressing).
- FRIDAY: We’re planning on a date night out 🙂
Lastly, here are a few photos from our annual, tree-chopping outing. We go to Oney’s Tree Farm in Woodstock, IL and we’ve had great luck finding awesome, full trees over the past couple years! I highly recommend if you’re looking for a farm to chop your own tree…They have a little shop with ornaments, trinkets, wreaths, hot chocolate, and snacks. There are bathroom facilities on site and some fun activities for little ones!
Have a fabulous week!
Question of the day: What is your favorite holiday tradition?