Good morning all! Happy, happy Monday! For whatever reason, I find myself, once again, looking forward to this new week. Last week, I struggled to get into a good, solid sleep groove, which made a few days feel a bit long and draining (hence Thursday’s post on sleep tips). Mondays always remind me, no matter the obstacles of the previous week, we always have a fresh start…a blank slate, an opportunity to set new goals, a chance to plan and prep new meals, and the choice to make each day healthy and memorable. Wishing you a fantastic week ahead friends!
Alright, now let’s get into this week’s dinner menu. I’ll be having a few solo dinners this week (Matt has work events/dinners going on). I also work 3 late nights this week, so my plan is to keep things super simple and low-key in the dinner department.
WEEKLY DINNER MENU
- MONDAY: Salmon burgers with sliced sweet potatoes and a Brussels sprout salad on the side.
- TUESDAY: Honey garlic chicken with brown rice and a side salad
- WEDNESDAY: Lentil pasta with marinara
- THURSDAY: Hilary’s Black Bean Burger tacos (loved this option from last week: served in a whole wheat tortilla with greens veggies, and salsa)
- FRIDAY: TBD
Okay, now I wanted to share a few gift ideas for the guy in your life! I always struggle to come up with gift ideas for Matt. It seems like all year long he mentions things he might like, but once December rolls around, magically, all those ideas have disappeared and he says “an amazon gift card is good.” Well, I’m not into gift cards if I can avoid it, so I try and get creative and think about what Matt needs (new pajamas, slippers, etc.) or some fun gadgets he might not buy himself!
Here are a few fun gifts for the guy in your life! (Matt’s gifts are included in this round-up, luckily he usually doesn’t read my blog, so I’m in the clear). Several of these items Matt already owns and LOVES which is why I’m including them on here (guy-tested and approved). I also included a few things I’ve given to other men in my life (my dad and uncles). I hope you find this helpful!
GIFTS FOR THE GUYS
All favorites are linked in the photos below!
- ELECTRONICS: Bose wireless headphones: Matt uses his during every, single workout, so probably 5 times a week at minimum. He also loves them for travel- watching movies and shows on the plane. I have used them before as well and think they’re awesome. They cancel out any outside noises and stay on really well. Matt also owns and loves an Apple watch and, obviously, wears it every day. A bit of an expensive gift, but well worth the price if it will be used daily. If your guy already owns the watch, you could do a leather band for him to switch out occasionally. Matt requested a Google Home speaker or an Amazon Echo after using one at a rental home a few weeks ago. Finally in the electronics department, Beats Pill portable speakers (we own two and love them) and despite my better judgement, a Playstation along with a PS game because that is definitely Matt’s current favorite item in our house! (He also confirmed the ones I’ve linked are great prices- he paid more on Black Friday.)
- GAMES + SMALL ACCESSORIES: Pass the Pig (I have personally never played, but it’s a dice game Matt has brought along on every Bachelor party he’s attended since receiving the game). I shared a few wallet ideas (one super reasonable option and another slightly more expensive, but still under $100 and high quality), and some nice cold weather wear!
- SOCKS + TOPS: Matt’s workout socks are always mismatched and many pairs have seen better days…I think a couple pairs of new, low-rise workout socks make a great guy gift! You can pair the socks with an Under Armour half zip (I’ve given this one to my dad and my uncles). I also linked a few of Matt’s favorite hoodies and his go-to button down from Banana Republic! All clothing pieces are ones Matt wears constantly.
- WHISKEY GOODS: If the guy(s) in your life are whiskey fans, a bottle of his favorite whiskey along with whiskey cubes and glasses is a fun, easy gift. I gave my uncle this personalized whiskey barrel a few years back and it turned out awesome! Here’s an Etsy option as well!
- PAJAMA BOTTOMS + SLIPPERS: I sort of feel like pajamas and slippers are two items men don’t generally buy for themselves. Matt’s slippers are hell’a old, so one of his gifts this year is a brand new pair from J.Crew. I linked an UGG option as well!
- Gift card to a golf course along with a new golf polo (my dad is a huge golfer and loves Under Armour polos)
- Gift card to a fun restaurant in your city
- BowFlex adjustable weights (an investment, but worth it if your guy works out at home)
- Organic men’s face wash (makes a fun stocking stuffer- I told my mom to grab some for Matt!)
- Luggage + travel accessories (these toiletry bags from Etsy are super nice and you can personalize them!)
Question of the day: What are you looking forward to most this week?