Good morning all! I hope your 2018 has started off on a healthy, happy note and that your holidays were filled with friends, family, and hopefully, some relaxation. We enjoyed a fabulous Christmas here in Chicago before heading to Omaha to spend time with Matt’s family and our Omaha friends. I decided to unplug for a bit and really soak in our holiday break.
Now that 2018 is officially underway, I’m excited to get back into the groove on here. Last weekend and into the beginning of last week, I had a pretty awful flu bug that sort of lingered all week long. (I just felt achy, lethargic, and didn’t have much of an appetite). I’m feeling much stronger now and yesterday was the first day I felt motivated to hit the ground running with 2018 intentions.
I mentioned this on Instagram last week, but I think it’s important, so I’ll emphasize it here as well…New Year’s resolutions are fantastic…and if you’re feeling incredibly motivated, run with it! However, I think we also must remember we have an opportunity every, single day to set intentions and goals, to be healthier, and to make good choices.
My 2018 certainly did not start off the way I intended, but that’s okay- that’s life. Don’t be hard on yourself if you’ve already slipped away from your New Year’s resolutions one week in (or if life happened and you just didn’t start what you had planned)…take it one day at a time, one choice at a time. Every day, we have the opportunity to choose to be better, to do better, to live healthier, to act kinder. You don’t need a New Year to make changes. You have the chance to change every day, every moment.
So keeping that in mind…here are a few intentions I have for the upcoming week:
- 4-5 Pure Barre classes
- Make my bed daily
- Meditate 4-5 times
- Send a message of gratitude to someone I care about
- Less time in front of screens (phone, TV, computer), more time reading
And now for the weekly dinner menu…
- MONDAY: Hilary’s Adzuki Bean Burger “taco” salad bowl. Greens, Hilary’s burgers (will probably chop up into pieces) with tomato, onion, pepper, homemade guacamole, and salsa
- TUESDAY: BBQ salmon with sweet potatoes and a side salad
- WEDNESDAY: Shrimp stir fry (stir fry veggies, brown rice)
- THURSDAY: Sun-dried tomato pasta salad with some boiled shredded chicken add in
- FRIDAY: TBD
Question of the day: What is one intention you have for this week?