Happy Monday Friends- I hope you had a restful weekend. Our weekend began with a Friday night dinner date at Boeufhaus, an amazing farm-to-table restaurant located in West Town. Easily, this is my new, top Chicago restaurant- not only were our meals insanely delicious, but the restaurant serves responsibly raised meats, grass-fed and grain-finished. Our evening began with a few drinks while we reviewed the menu (which changes seasonally). We chose short-rib beignets for our appetizer and a side of spiced carrots to split. For my entree, I ordered scallops and Matt ordered a special with steak, short-rib, and potatoes. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dishes and I would definitely order each one again.
The restaurant is small, so I recommend making reservations. We opted to sit at the bar, as it gave us a bit more privacy (some of the tables are quite close, so if you don’t like over-hearing your neighbors dinner convo, the bar might be a good option). If you’re looking for a fun date night option, Boeufhaus is the perfect choice.
If you read Friday’s post, you know today begins day 1 of my first Whole 30. Despite my reservations on the program, I’m joining in on the 30 day challenge with some fellow Pure Barre teachers and clients. Our group actually began March 1st, but knowing Matt had planned a special birthday dinner for me Friday, and I had a wine tasting and sushi dinner Saturday, I figured starting today would be best.
Weekly Dinner Menu:
- Monday: BBQ salmon (made with Tessemae’s BBQ sauce) salad
- Tuesday: Buffalo chicken casserole (made with Primal Kitchen Mayo)
- Wednesday: Leftovers from Tuesday
- Thursday: Slow-cooker salsa verde chicken served over cauliflower rice
- Friday: Stuffed peppers from the Whole 30 book
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off everything + 50% off clearance (see my J. Crew Factory picks under the shop tab (last section under spring faves) items are selling out fast)
- Gap: Up to 50% off almost everything
- World Market: Up to 30% + free shipping on $100+ orders, use code stockup. I love this piece as a media stand
- Pottery Barn– Up to 40% select sheets, quilts, and duvets + free shipping with code freeship
Alright that’s it for now…stay tuned for Day 1 update tomorrow! Have a great day and a wonderful week ahead!
Question of the day: what is your current favorite Chicago restaurant? Would love to hear recommendations!