I absolutely love smoothies, no matter what time of year…so even on these 30 degree days, I find myself craving a cold, creamy smoothie. I try to mix up my smoothie concoctions quite often (maybe that’s why they never get old) and adding seasonal flavors is one of my favorite ways to do so! Today, I whipped up a peppermint cocoa smoothie that turned out quite well, so I figured I’d share it here in case anyone else likes to have a frosty breakfast or snack!
PEPPERMINT COCOA SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup almond milk (+ 1/4 C extra if you like yours slightly more liquid-y)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 ripe avocado (not too ripe now, ya hear)
- 1/2 scoop (serving) chocolate protein powder of your choice (for this one I used Vega One Chocolate)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Just under 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (you can add more to your taste, but it’s pretty strong!)
- Handful of ice cubes (I used 3)
- Pinch of sea salt
Add all ingredients into a blender, blend, and sip! Enjoy!